Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Basic Lighting & Materials

 

Lighting and Environmental Goals: Mid-day, Overcast, Foggy

I wanted to make it so that the distance is enshrouded by fog and that the water is very opaque. For the first pass, I enabled volumetric fog and tweaked the settings to what I liked. I also made a material instance of the water to make it more opaque and less green. I then opened up the wood materials and desaturated and darkened the colors. I did to make the wood match the dock wood in my reference.




Env. Light Mixer only 



Lighting Pass 


Exterior Shot 1

Exterior Shot 2


I made a material instance for the godrays, pots, chairs, rug, desk, lamps, etc.


Reference I found on Pinterest



Perforce Proof


No comments:

Post a Comment

Module 3 Week 07 - High Poly

Critique from last week: - Edge control - Separate planks - Remove brick from lower down Highpoly Details on surfaces like this is not my st...